DRW ARCHITECTURE BLOG
It's been another busy year for drw design build. A lot has happened since our last summary in 2012:
- Our Cable Hill House was featured in the annual Homes Tour organized by the AIA Portland chapter.
- Our largest project of the year was the Skyline Residence. By February, we were done with framing, and the difference in the quality of the spaces was already apparent. Wood floors were installed in March, and by July fabrication of the architectural metalwork was underway. The before and after shots show the marked change in the quality of the spaces.
- We completed the Fairmount Boulevard kitchen, and documented the journey of the cabinets from a shop in Eugene to installation in Portland.
- Work continued on the Corbett-Terwilliger house. The form of the house took shape early in the year. Over the course of the year, we worked closely with the client, who built all the windows for the house.
- We started work on the Westover Residence kitchen, with the new cabinets delivered in October. We look forward to taking completed photos of the house in the new year.
- We remodeled a guest suite in a beautiful house located on SW Humphrey Blvd.
- We launched a new website, which included previously unseen photos of the McShane Studio.
- We put up new photos of Ryan's old house at 14th Ave, while he continued work on his new house.
- And the highlight of the year: our annual barbecue, which took place in August.
Update: 10/10/2013 - The AIA Homes tour is this Saturday. We're looking forward to showing people around one of our favorite projects.
We're very excited that our Cable Hill House project has been chosen by the AIA Portland to be one of seven houses included in the 2013 home tour: "Design Matters: A Tour of Exceptional Portland Homes". The tour takes place on Saturday, October 12th. Tickets are $40, and available from the AIA.
2012 has flown by for all of us at DRW. We've been working on a number of interesting projects, brought to us by new and repeat clients alike. Thinking back on the year, a lot has happened.
- We started our blog with some photo galleries, showing both our traditional and modern work.
- We returned to the Vista House for a kitchen remodel, a house that we always love working in. This nicely complements the work we did there back in 2010.
- We completed our work on the Cable Hill House. We are especially happy with the interiors of the house, and the exterior lighting.
- Construction started on the Corbett-Terwilliger remodel. The house had been extensively remodeled before, and our first step was deconstruction of the existing structure. Once we had the had the house stripped to its studs, we could begin re-framing.
- We completed a mudroom and laundry room on Council Crest.
- We began work at the Skyline Residence, which we're looking forward to showing more of on our blog as work progresses in 2013.
- Our friends at Goodlife Brewery have spent a year in an interior we designed for them.
- Other highlights included: the McShane Studio being featured in Oregon 1859 magazine; doing maintenance work at a wonderful Midcentury house near Forest Park; and completing a couple of modern kitchens.
We wish everybody a very happy New Year, and look forward to 2013.
We recently had the opportunity to go back to our Cable Hill House project, which was completed earlier in the year. Since then, the landscaping had a chance to bed in, and the exterior has been painted in its final color; a dark brown-grey that nicely contrasts with the natural grain of the wood screens.